Monday, October 27, 2008

Know Your Pacers Part 2: 4hrs 15mins and 4hrs 30mins Pacers



This week, we will be introducing our 4hrs 15mins and 4hrs 30mins pacers!


4hr 15mins Group: Running makes You Feel Youthful Always
The team comprises of: Helen Cheah, Ang Wei Beng, James Tan and Ang Lai Soon

Helen Cheah
I started running seriously back in 1994, after I had put on weight after given birth to my eldest son. Running 3 times a week followed by swimming, I lost weight eventually, and managed to keep it off all these years! I have benefited much from running, just to name a few; it has boosted my immune system, always feeling fresh and energetic, and I no longer get easily tired as before. Best of them all, running allows me to eat what I like without feeling too much guilt. To date, I have completed 5 marathons and over 10 half marathons. As my stamina gradually improves over the years, I have too come to love long endurance runs, as well as trail running. Apart from encouraging people to be acquainted to this magical sport, it is my wish and mission to assist and motivate runners in achieving their personal best for the marathon this year. I will give my utmost to help runners enjoy running, and stay in the midst of training. “Listen to your body, and run safe.”



4hrs 30Mins Group: Because we know you can, Let's finish this in 4hrs 30mins!
The 4:30 hours pace group is led by Alber, and staffed by Freddie, Kok San, Johnny and Charmane, all of whom are experienced marathoners. This group of runners come from a diverse running background, and are confident that they will be able to deliver come race-day.

The team comprises of: Alber Yong, Charmane Tan, Tan Kok San, Johnny Lim and Freddy Chan.

Freddy Chan aka cfred84
I would say e 1st time I started running was way back in 2003 when I was 19. Goal was to train up somewhat because National Service was looming! Have always been active in sports but never really run much till then. It was difficult in the beginning (breathless, tired etc.) but after sometime from a 'chore' it became something 'enjoyable'. Did my 1st marathon, SCSM in 2005 as a challenge to myself that I could complete it and eventually did it in 5 and half hours. I couldn't move around much after that and everywhere was aching; took me a week to recover!

Chanced upon SgRunners forum towards the end of 2005 and met many like-minded individuals and made lots of friends and shifus whom inspired me further. They set the standards that I hope 1 day I can achieve. Have since come to love running even more and its an outlet to express myself. Being a pacer, I hope I can help guide whoever out there to hopefully achieve his/her dream as well. The journey is long but I'm sure with determination everyone can do it - “I can, therefore I will”.

Next week, we will be featuring our pacers from the 4hrs 45mins and 5hrs group so stay tune!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails