Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Know Your Pacers Part 3: 4hrs 45mins and 5hrs Pacers




4hr 45mins Group: The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. Follow our pace, and we will bring you to the finished line.

The team comprises of: Andy, Niwas, Heng Yew, Phei Sunn, and David Shum.

In a marathon, one can find runners of all ages, who only have one goal in mind, and that is to be able to cross the finished line. And similarly, like our 4:45hrs pace group, it too consists pacers of all ages, who only have one goal in mind, and that is to help you achieved your goal in completing the marathon before the 4:45hr timing. You definitely cannot reach the skies, but you definitely can reach the finished line. Believe it, this is not a dream, nor miracle, it is something that you can achieve when you put in your effort and follow us.

Andy Ho, aka Acidburn

I have wondered at times, what I am doing out there. Over the years, I have given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement. I run because it is my passion. Every time I walk out of the door, I know where I am going, and I am focus on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. I can run in any direction, pace, sometimes fighting the wind when I felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of my feet. Running to me, is more than just a physical exercise. It is a consistent reward for victory.

My first official race event was known as the Sheares Bridge Run back in 1995. My timing then was not amazing, but to me it is the experience, atmosphere of the event, and the moment of glory when you cross the finished line, knowing that you had did your best and push beyond what you think it is not possible. To date, I have completed 12 10km Races, 10 Half-Marathons, 8 Full-Marathons, and 1 Ultra-Marathon. Previously at every race, my goal is to try to achieve Personal Best (PB) Timing. This year however, will be very special and memorable to me. As I will be the pacer for the 4:45hrs pace group. My goal is to help others achieved their goal and objective instead, that is to cross the 42.195km in a timing of 4:45hrs. With my experience under my belt, I have every confidence that we can definitely achieve this goal together.

Sim Phei Sunn, aka PS

An avid runner for the past 6 years, I have taken part in numerous road and trail races ranging from 10km to ultra-marathons. I especially like to run in overseas marathons as it brings me to beautiful parts of the place that a visitor would normally miss. My first Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon was in 2003, and it left a very special memory. Everything was a new experience to me - the supporters, race atmosphere, and of course, the grueling distance itself. My maximum training distance then was only 25km, and my amateurish approach was simply to continue and not stop. Over the years, I have made wonderful friendships within Singapore running and triathlon communities, and learnt much from their experiences. Yet, no matter how sophisticated the tools and trainings have become, running, at its core, is really a beautifully easy sport - one foot after another, mapping out a memorable journey. Be a happy runner. Trust your legs and body, and let us savor the exhilarating moment of crossing that finishing line together.

Niwas Jikku, aka Niwas

I have been running since my secondary school days back in India. Back then, it was purely out of compulsion. After I came to Singapore, I had completely given up running for more than two years. I became insanely fat. Picked up running once again, I started off with a goal, that is to reduce my weight, and to look better. With motivation from my friends, I started running twice a week not more than 3km each time. Moving up slowly, I then run I-Run regularly at River Promenade. With the formation Team Fatbird, I met many like-minded people who constantly inspires and encourages each other. I had lots of advices and guidelines from those who had a passion and vast experience in running.

My first race was VGO Mount Faber 10km run in July 2008, where I clocked about 55mins. With the help of right people and friends around, I started to love what I did – Running. This year's SCS Marathon is going be a special and memorable one for me as a pacer for 4.45hr group. With the help of my team members and the rest of the pacers, I am confident that we, Team Fatbird will motivate people with the same kind of passion towards running, and help them in achieving their goals in this upcoming marathon. I wish good luck to those running the marathon this year and please do look out for Team Fatbird. “Follow Our Pace, Win Your Race.” Happy Running!


5hrs Group: Hi 5!

The 5-hour pace group comprises team leader Jancy, and is anchored by Benny and Edwin. The former two are experienced multi-marathon and ultramarathon finishers, whilst the latter a promising age-group triathlete. As middle-of-the-pack marathoners, this team reconises the difficulties and challenges that regular runners face, and is determined to bring all -new or experienced - who aspire to cross the finish line in 5 hours to their goal. Watch out for this team and experience the high with them!

Edwin Marc Low, aka FrootLoops

Aged 19, I started running about 6 months back when I came back from China. I had to lose that 9kg of weight, which I had put on for the winter, and to get rid of that beer belly! Having taken part in my first 10km event in June, I found that running was very addictive and could not give it up even if I wanted to. In order to satisfy that hunger for mileage, I signed up for the SCSM 08 and decided to make it my 2008 resolution - 'To complete my first Marathon'. Inspired by the older folks in the group, I decided to run my own race, at your pace. So, 'FOLLOW ME', no, not the shampoo brand, but follow me for the race and we will finish strong, together!

Next week, we will be featuring our pacers from the 5hrs 15mins and 5hrs 30mins group so stay tune!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails